How can we help your business?
If a collision or grounding has happened and either the vessel can be salvaged or is classified as a wreck, Shearwater Law’s expert admiralty law team is able to provide advice across the entirety of the salvage and wreck process:
- Liaising with casualty response teams and other involved parties (such as investigatory bodies).
- Advising on instances of wreck-related pollution and their relation to conventions such as MARPOL, and the HNS convention.
- Advising on collision liability.
- Advice on liability limitation in relation to wreck removal.
- Support and advice regarding investigations by executive bodies such as the Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) and the Maritime Accident Investigation Branch (MAIB).
With many laws, regulations and conventions surrounding wrecks, it’s vital that if you are the owner of a wreck you have the very best admiralty law advice to hand.
As a specialist shipping legal practice, Shearwater Law provides advice on all aspects of admiralty law in relation to salvage or wreck cases taking into account relevant national and supranational conventions. These include the IMO’s International Convention on Salvage, the International Convention Relating to Intervention on the High Seas of Oil Pollution Casualties, and the Nairobi International Convention on the Removal of Wrecks.
As an internationally-focused shipping law firm, Shearwater Law is able to provide you with salvage and wreck legal advice relating to multiple jurisdictions.
Our approach to salvage and wreck cases
As commercially-minded legal professionals, we understand the need to work efficiently and diligently. We also know how important it is to have a real-world understanding of how these casualty events can play out.
Given the ever-increasing cost of salvage and wreck events, we aim to help you achieve a successful resolution as soon as possible. We are also adept at working closely with in-house legal teams to build consistent, ultimately successful cases.
Choose Shearwater Law for your wreck and salvage legal needs
With decades of experience advising on wreck and salvage cases, Shearwater Law has built a reputation for delivering results for vessel owners, operators, insurers, and P&I clubs.
And, we can deliver results for you.