How can we help your business?
Casualty events - minor and major alike - take place every day within the shipping industry.
At Shearwater Law, it’s our job to handle marine casualties and investigations of all types, regardless of their complexity and location.
With our team of solicitors, we are perfectly positioned to provide informed, experienced advice on the nuances of admiralty law in relation to casualties. We also have close relationships with technical experts and investigators, allowing us to interrogate a broad range of views and data to establish causation and thus liability.
Over the span of several decades our team has advised on casualty events as varied as:
- Fires and explosions.
- Fixed and Floating object damage.
- Unsafe port claims.
- Container casualties and stack collapses.
- The death of, or serious injury to, a person(s).
Our admiralty casualty services are myriad, and span the complete lifecycle of a casualty event. These services include:
- Investigation - liaising with relevant local authorities as well as the casualty response team.
- Advice on insurance and security.
- Insurance - providing advice on the wording of insurance policies and coverage issues.
- Advice on jurisdiction, liability and apportionment.
- Advice on general average.
- Salvage, pollution and environmental liability.
With a global outlook and experience, Shearwater Law is able to work with the most suitable partners advising on the various conventions on an international basis and acting as your ‘global counsel’.
It’s thanks to our flexibility, experience and knowledge that we are trusted by P&I clubs, hull and machinery insurers, owners, and charterers.
Our approach to casualty cases
With such high stakes, you need a maritime law firm on your side that focuses on quickly establishing the facts of a case, assessing liability and providing advice you can act upon.
Shearwater Law’s operating model makes us lean and responsive and able to quickly and expertly respond to casualty events of all kinds. We understand the importance of handling casualty cases with accuracy, speed and tenacity.
In short - if you’re in the midst of a casualty event, there should be one name at the forefront of your mind: Shearwater Law.
Marine casualty legal support
Unfortunately your search did not return any results
- Make sure all your keywords are spelt correctly.
- Try more generic keywords.
- Try less restrictive filters.